Saturday, April 10, 2010

Real

I remember a time when I was in second grade watching TRL with my older brothers and a music video I had never seen before came on- Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous by Good Charlotte. I fell in love with the video, and song, immediately and began jumping around the living room, just rockin out. Little did I know, it was the same band who made a video I had seen on TRL when I was in kindergarten- Little Things. A few years later, when I was in fifth grade, a bunch of my friends were telling me about their favorite band, Good Charlotte. It took me a couple days to realize that it was the same band that I had fallen in love with all those years ago, but had never really looked into their music. So I did just that and was super impressed by all of their music. They became my favorite band pretty much over night, I was totally hooked. When I went to one of their concerts that same year, May 2005, I was even more impressed. That concert as well as every interview, etc. that I had ever seen proved just how down to earth these guys were. I thought they were the best people in the world.

Early into sixth grade, I discovered another great band- Avenged Sevenfold. It's coincidence that I discovered them on TRL as well. They were doing a live performance and were introduced by none other than Good Charlotte. For a while I went through this phase where I "hated" Good Charlotte and loved A7X instead.

About a year later, I learned that the bands were good friends with each other and I was super confused. I didn't understand how bands with such different sounds, which made them seem different in all aspects, could be such good friends.

It took me another year to realize that I still love Good Charlotte, and that just because I had a new favorite band I didn't have to give up my old favorite band altogether.

The point of this blog is just to say that both bands are astoundingly talented and super chill. Both bands are laid back and really down to earth, I'd be honored to meet either bands. They're all great people, and even though I don't actually know them, I wish them the best and will continue to support them. Also, Joel Madden's kids are sooo cute!


Good Charlotte AND A7X for LIFE! :)



XOXO

PS- in case any of you don't know, the Rev got best drummer at the Revolver Goldengods awards; RIP Jimmy! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment