Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Smile, it's spring

Hello again, it feels like I haven't posted in ages. Which is pretty much true. I'm not going to attempt to fill you in on all of the happenings of the past couple months, but I'm going through a pretty rough spot right now. Mostly, I'm having trouble sticking to my motto- live in the moment. Lately, I've been feeling really attached to my past, and I don't know why. I'm constantly wishing that it was a year ago, for so many reasons. I wish my grandma didn't have dementia, I wish I could be in Disney world like I was last spring break, I wish I didn't have boy problems, I wish I didn't owe my mom $500.00, I wish it was summer, I wish it was marching band, blah, blah, blah...the list never seems to stop. Unfortunately, it's taken me about a month to realize that living in the past is my problem. Sure all of those things happening would be great, but none of them are going to happen. My grandma does have dementia, I'm still in Ferndale, not Disney world, I do have boy problems, I do owe my mom $500.00 for fixing my car, and I have to wait for summer and marching band season to come around. All that I can do at this point is hold my head up high, and persevere. Things might not be all that amazing right now, but it could be so much worse- I've been through worse. I need to stop moping through life wishing for things that can't be and live in the moment, like I've learned to do over the past couple years bringing me great joy. I've built up an amazing relationship with God, and as long as He's by side, I can do anything. I'm going to get through this. So now, as I walk down the street, or down the halls of my school, I'll think to myself, smile, it's spring.

XOXOXO.

No comments:

Post a Comment