Friday, September 11, 2009

Gold Rush

Hello everyone!
So I just got home from tonight's football game against Andover- we won 47-14! Pep band was amazing tonight, and I totally love the support that our cheerleaders give us and the team, and that we give to them as well. The bus ride home was a blast as well.

I can't spend too much time here, because I have to make sure I have all of my stuff ready for tomorrow! Now you're probably wondering what tmw is...; FIRST COMPETITION OF THE SEASON! I am so excited for it, I love this year's show and I personally think we are doing pretty well, knock on wood. Last week, at the 1st home game was our first time performing our show to the public this season, and it felt so good to be in front of an audience again; AND the impact moments were totally there. :)
One disappointing factor though is that we will be the only band competing in our flight (Flight 3), so of course by default we take 1st with all captions. HOWEVER, we will still be getting scored and it will be our first time in front of judges this season, so we will without a doubt do our best (even though we always do because we're FERNDALE); and of course Mr. J will look up the scores of our competitors who are to compete elsewhere tmw to see where we stand. Also, on Wednesday as a band we set the goal to do our best, leave everything on the field, and see if we can manage to get a higher score than West Bloomfield, who took 1st at states last year in Flight 1, beating Plymouth Canton who previously took the title of state champs in that flight for 22 consecutive seasons. So we'll see, wish us luck! For anyone in the area, it's at Troy Athens and we perform at 7:45; come watch us! I'll try to have my mom video it so I can post it... ♥

*jsyk, flights are based on school enrollment, not ranking by score.


PLANET EARTH,
FHS GOLDEN EAGLE MARCHING BAND 2009

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment