Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Hey Brittany!"

A lot has happened over the past couple weeks.
For starters, we got a score of 64.5 at the competition on the 12th. Which is very exciting. For our band, that is record breaking for the score from the first competition, AND it came sooner this season. We have so many reasons to be excited.
Last night at rehearsal we added a body move, the first to this year's show. For that reason, I get to be a BALLERINA as well now! We had to spend about an hour of rehearsal learning to do plies and what not in order to do the move, so much fun.

This past Sunday, the 20th, was the AIDSWALK. As a church we handed out free hot dogs, burgers, chips, punch, water, and vegetables to the walkers (some members of the congregation walked as well). We also had some members of the church form a band to play live music outside, it was such a blast! They didn't play church music, but rather punk rockish stuff. For instance, they played some Weezer. Personally, I was handing out water to walkers as they passed by. Oh! And we had a bucket for dogs to drink, a couple climbed INTO it. That was definitely a great experience. I think that next year I might walk, but who knows.

Friday, is our next home game, we will be playing against Avondale. Of course, the band will be performing at half time, so it will be our first time including the new body move for a performance. Saturday, is will be our second competition at Trenton. This time, however, we will not be the only band in our flight. We will be competing against Dearborn Heights Crestwood, St. Clair Shores Lakeview, Farmington Harrison, and Redford Thurston. All of which are fairly significant competitors, so it will be exciting. We also have added drill for movement 3, finally, also adding an element of excitement. I will try to have this one video taped, though that didn't work so well last time. But that was completely my fault, I forget to leave my camera at my house for my mom- whoops.

On a far more serious note, a friend of mine tried smoking last Saturday night. I am so disappointed in him. We got into a small fight about it- I have 2 marks on my face as a result. But let me just clarify that he did NOT mean to hurt me, I grabbed him first and he was just grabbing me so I would let go; he feels bad for what he did. He promises he won't do anything like that again, but honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I just hope he understands how stupid it is. I've expressed this to him in so many ways. I've done all that I can as his friend, hopefully that will be enough.

BTW, the song reference in the title is for Britt. Who bugged me to update this. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment